Earn while you learn!
Funded by the Government of Canada, Career Launcher is a new program offered through Fanshawe's employment centres in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Aylmer. There is no cost to eligible participants!
- Workshops personalized to develop your employability skills and determine a career path, delivered online for your convenience
- Receive a stipend to cover the costs of participating in the workshops (ex. transportation, child care), averaging six weeks in duration
- Includes tuition and textbook funding for up to one year of a post-secondary career training program
- One-on-one career coaching and support from employment consultant experts
- Job placement supports, including financial incentives for participating employers
- Self-assessment (current skills, interests, values, etc.)
- Job search and labour market exploration
- Employment skill building
- Occupation-specific skills and qualifications
- Marketing yourself for employment
- Workplace culture and expectations
- Safety on the job
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- Canadian citizen, or permanent resident or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.- Legally entitled to work in Canada- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.